Upload CSV and Excel Files to JDE

victor

My client has a requirement to upload CSV and Excel Files to JDE E1. We tried implementing this within JDE, but the client is not satisfied with the error handling. This web page says that this product can upload and download files. We are only interested in upload at this point. Can you provide some information? Thanks.

Cool Calico

Administrator
Staff member
Is your requirement for manual or automated uploads? Where does the data end up in JDE (i.e. which module)?

Can you share what options you tried in JDE?

victor

Right now, it is for manual upload, but they may need to do automated in future. The user is creating files from a 3rd party web site. Due to delimiter issues, the files may sometimes be in Excel. The data being uploaded is for GL (Journal Entry) and AP (Voucher).
In E1, we are trying to implement this using Orchestrator, so we are looking for feasible alternatives.

Cool Calico

Administrator
Staff member
We have pre-built Excel apps for both GL and AP. The templates are fully customizable. See our LynX Office page for more information:

This can be implemented through File Exchanger as well, but the Excel solution is simpler and it is turnkey. Please note that the Excel solution is for user driven manual uploads. We have other options for automated uploads.

victor

I showed the client this and they like the Excel solution, but they want to stick to their normal procedure of creating the files in the format they are used to. They are getting the files into JDE through table conversion running the zfile reports right now.

Cool Calico

Administrator
Staff member
Here is how this would work in File Exchanger:

• User uploads the file through the File Exchanger web app
  • The web app sends the file to the LynX Web Service (part of LynX Business Integrator)
  • The web service calls a business process on the integration server. In your case, it will be a slightly customized version of our pre-built GL or AP process. The business process returns a response that contains the result of the upload (batch#, document# etc. and any errors).
  • The web service passes the response back to the File Exchanger app.
  • The errors are displayed to the user in the File Exchanger app. The errors are detailed – they contain the line# of the file along with the description. The user can search for the errors and also export the errors to CSV or Excel.
The entire process is seamless to the user - all they are doing is uploading a file.

This pic shows the process flow.

Cool Calico

Administrator
Staff member
The business process interacts with JDE/E1 through the application layer. LynX Business Integrator is Oracle Validated for E1 releases 9.0 through 9.2. We already have pre-built processes for GL and AP, so you won't have to write any code for this.

The file is also parsed by the business process, which accepts files in XLSX, XLS and CSV formats. Data is mapped using configuration files, so no additional coding is required for parsing. If the client has specific requirements like mapping the data in the file using UDC codes, that logic can be also built into the business process.

victor

I discussed this solution with my client. They are interested. I will get in touch to schedule demo.